Using repeating, tiled patterns as a background in a web page layout is a popular design technique. When done well, using background patterns can make a web design look sophisticated, intricate and memorable. In this visual inspiration collection, you’ll see 30 websites that use a variety of beautiful background patterns (e.g. diagonal stripes, cross-hatching, dots and so on).
1. iconSweets 2
2. Loysel’s Toy
10. Pop The Box
11. Visual Republic
14. Creature Tales
15. Squared Eye
16. Idyllic Creative
17. Sullivan NYC
18. Mind Epic
20. Tobias Persson
24. Tapp3 Media
26. Electric Pulp
27. Bzzy App
Pattern Tutorials and Guides
If you’d like to learn how to create and apply repeating patterns in your work, you should check out these tutorials and resources.
- Create an Elegant Patterned Web Design in Photoshop – a tutorial on creating a web page layout with various repeating patterns as the central design theme.
- Create a Light Textured Web Design in Photoshop – starting in Step 6 of this tutorial, you will learn how to create an eye-catching mosaic pattern.
- Make a Stylishly Elegant Portfolio Web Design in Photoshop – You will learn how to create a custom vintage flower pattern and be able to download a working demo of the web layout for you to study.
- Create a Modern Lab Theme Web Design in Photoshop – In Step 5 of this tutorial, you will learn a simple technique for creating the popular diagonal stripe pattern.
- Photoshop Patterns: Ultimate Guide – Learn all about Photoshop tools and commands related to repeating patterns.
- Creating Abstract Geometric Artwork in Illustrator – You will learn a technique of creating a swatch pattern in Illustrator so that you can easily apply patterns in your work.